Desktop Print automatically tracks all your printer, plotter and digital copier output without having to leave the programs you are working in. Desktop Print effectively monitors 100% of all printer activity, working either silently (in the background) or interactively with the user and the document environment. Desktop Print integrates with the office environment to ensure complete print management for client re-charge and internal management and analysis.
Track all your printers (or just some). Track all your applications (or just some). Track different prices for different printers with full colour detection for most colour/b&w printers.
Advanced features include:
- Type-ahead “auto fill”
- Smartbar interface for easy access to Search, Favorites and Last Job Recall
- Automatically fills in user information via network login
- Automatically reads any field from Document Management systems (Hummingbird, iManage, WorldDox, and others)
- With DocuSageTM technology Desktop Print can make intelligent decisions about what jobs are billable/not billable and when to pop-up or not pop-up
- NEW automatically detect colour/B&W on a “page by page” basis to colour MFP devices
- Independent of print environment
- Compatible with all printing technologies including PCL and postscript
- Desktop Print also enables tracking and charging for desktop faxing or any print driver based applications
Desktop Print key Features:
DOCUSYNC: Encourage users to print to MFP
Desktop Print and Copitrak combined can provide a feature called DocuSync. DocuSync will ensure that a print job to an MFP will never interrupt a copy job. Desktop Print checks to see if there is a user logged into the Copitrak terminal that is controlling the MFP copier. If there is a user logged in then Desktop Print will queue the print job. The print job will be released only when the user has logged out of the Copitrak and disabling the copier element of the MFP.
SECURE PRINT PLUS: Encourage users to print to the MFP
Desktop Print offers a feature called Secure Print Plus. This feature provides the user with the option to flag the output as a secure print job. The print job will not be released to the MFP until the user reaches the Copitrak, logs in and releases the print job while they are standing there.
AUTO-COLOUR DETECTION: Accurate billing – NEW
Desktop Print can automatically detect colour vs. Black and White to the page level. Therefore if a user prints a document containing a mixture of colour and Black and White pages, the client will only be billed the colour page rate for the colour pages printed. If the user prints the same document to a black and white printer, Desktop Print will only bill the black and white rate.
PRINT LIMITS: Discourage users from abusing network printer.
Desktop Print provides an option called “Print Limits” by which you can impose a size limit on any print jobs going to a particular printer (on any printer). If a print job exceeds the allowable limit, the print job will be cancelled and the user will be given a customizable message advising them of the limit and to direct the print job to a more suitable MFP for example.
JOB TICKET AND COPY CENTER SUBMISSION – NEW
The Desktop Print client offers a function called “Job Ticket”. There are several ways to invoke and use the job ticket and job submission systems of Desktop Print.
- Electronic Submission: A print device or print queue on a server in the Copy Center can be identified as a submission device. Whenever users print a document to the submission device Desktop Print will automatically “pop up” a job ticket. This job ticket is to be completed by the user in order to provide instruction to the copy center staff regarding what work is to be done to the document. The job ticket itself is completely customizable to the firm’s needs and terminologies. The job ticket page is then added to the front of the document (becomes the first page) that is sent to the submission device.
- Walkup Submission: When Desktop Print is running on the user’s workstation, there is an optional icon available in the system tray of the desktop. By performing a right mouse-click on the icon the user will be given a list of available options. Choosing the job ticket option will “pop up” the job ticket; the user can fill in the job ticket and print it out to be attached to the copy jobs that are being sent to the print center manually.
- Email Submission: Job tickets can also be printed to a PDF file. This job ticket and the document can be attached to an email message that is emailed to the copy center. When the email arrives the copy center operator will simply open the job ticket PDF for instructions on the job that has been submitted.
- Job Ticket numbering for the copy operator: The information on the job ticket will contain the user ID and client/matter code that is to be used for any copy jobs. The job ticket will also contain a unique ticket number that has been generated by the Copitrak enterprise system. When an operator receives the ticket all they need to key into the Copitrak is the job ticket number. The Copitrak will retrieve all the user and billing information automatically to properly allocate the cost of the job.
Desktop PRINT AND DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS?
If you currently use a Document Management system such as Filesite/Autonomy/Interwoven, Opentext, Worldox, or Prolaw, Desktop Print can automatically integrate the client/matter. This completely eliminates the need for users to enter the client and matter number. Tracking can happen completely behind the scenes.
How does Desktop Print work?
Utilizing the full Pop-up mode, Desktop Print can prompt users for user ID and/or account code information. When users send a print job to a device, a friendly pop-up dialog box will appear asking users for user ID/account code and other information should you choose.
If desired, Desktop Print can automatically pick-up the user information from the network login. Under this scenario the user would be prompted only for account information.
Once a valid account code has been entered, Desktop Print will automatically track the page count and apply the correct charges. Different pricing can be applied to different media types (colour/b&w), to different printers, and to different pages sizes. The Desktop Print pop-up (seen above) has many different fields, which can be activated to pick up different types of billing
information. The fields can be validated against a master table, prompted for and/or forced if desired so that users will not be able to print to the device until they enter a valid code.
If desired the speed dial pop-up can be made the default pop-up when users are prompted for account code information. The speed dial pop-up allows users to assign frequently used account codes to any of the convenient favorites buttons. This allows users to auto-insert the account code with one click of the favorites button on future tracked jobs.
Another helpful feature, account search/scan (seen below) allows users to search for account codes if they are unable to remember the number. Users can enter any part of the account number or an associated account name and the search tool will help them locate it.
Desktop Print has the ability to limit the amount of printing users can do to any selected device over a given period of time. The system administrator can set specific limits based on days/weeks/months and can select the amount of printing allowed for that period of time.
For example: If a specific user is limited to $100.00 per day in colour printing and the cost of colour printing is $1.00 per page the system administrator can set that users limit for the colour printer to 100 pages per day.
My Vault Printing – Print Mailbox on Steroids!
With an increase of Multi-Function devices now being able to print, copy and scan, let us show you how we can improve the efficiency at those devices. Currently users are sending multiple documents to these devices and are being mixed up with one another.
With the Eclipse terminal and latest version of Copitrak System Software (CSS), have the confidence in sending a sensitive document from your PC to your networked based MFP and release it from any Eclipse terminal in the office. Better yet, this feature will also give you the ability to send documents from a mobile device such as: Blackberry, iPhone, Android, iPad, etc.